Overall, we had a really fun time. Of course there were some tears and a few minor meltdowns from Hallie in the beginning, but a family outing for us just wouldn't be the same if Hallie wasn't scared of something. Luckily, she overcame her fear of big fish and ended up having a lot of fun. She even touched a starfish- two times!
After the aquarium we had lunch at The Crab Pot which is also right down on the waterfront. Then we headed over to Seattle University so Jared could take us on a tour of the place where he spends all his nights away from home. Seattle U promotes itself as being a very "green" university. I experienced this first hand after walking out of the bookstore and seeing a "compost" trash can next to a "mixed recycling" trash can. I'm hoping Jared doesn't turn into a tree hugger by the time he graduates. I had to take a picture of the compost can because I thought it was so funny. I'm pretty sure those things only exist in Seattle!
Here are a few pictures from our day spent downtown...


3 comments:
Looks like a fun family outing! Better than our options in B town. I wish we had an aquarium...that would be so fun. Hope things are going well. Are you coming to town any time soon?
So fun! Can your kids be any cuter? That Charlie is something else...and sweet Hallie...Mason at breakfast today said he wanted to go to Hallie's house. I'm glad they still remember you guys. Happy birthday to Jared!
I love the compost as well! That is a "green" place! So funny! I love the aquarium there - haven't been since I was a teenager but I loved it! Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment