I took Hallie rollerskating the other day for the first time and what I thought was going to be a horrible experience actually turned into a really fun outing. The whole time driving to the skating rink I was questioning why I was taking the least adventurous three-year-old ever to do an activity that involved shoes with wheels. And yes there were a lot of tears as soon as I got her skates laced up and made her stand up for the first time. So I took those skates back to the rental counter and had the man tighten the wheels on a new pair to the point where they didn't even turn anymore. I put the new skates on Hallie, stood her up and she got so excited. Basically she was now walking with skates on since they no longer rolled. But hey, at least she had a good time and it didn't end up as a traumatic experience for either of us. On the drive home she said, "Mom, I'm really good at rollerskating." I figure every time we go back we can loosen the wheels a little more and maybe someday she actually will be "rollerskating."
This is Hallie's "I really don't want to do this" expression
Skating with her friend Julia


3 comments:
So cute! And what a good idea with the wheel tightening; I don't know if I would have even thought of that, super mom.
that's really cute. I love the first picture of her, classic.
I love all the pictures! Wish you lived closer so that I could go with you and the kids! Charlie is cute with dimples, and Hallie had a blast skating--and Jared's photos were fun! Mom
Post a Comment