Sunday, February 10, 2008

We've Been Tagged

I know I've been absent from the blogging world for awhile, but I'm back and I've recomitted myself to being a better blogger. My friend Vanessa tagged Jared and I with this couples quiz and I decided I'd better respond because I usually don't respond to these things, and pretty soon my friends are going to start putting me on their black list. So here's more info than you'd probably ever want to know about Jared and Jaime...

How long have you and your significant other been together?
Our first date was in February of 2001, so that puts us at almost exactly 7 years. Here's a funny story: When we went on our first date Jared acutally had a girlfriend who was home with a broken leg. After writing that down I'm now thinking it makes us sound like really bad people. I promise it was innocent. The night started out as a bunch of friends hanging out together and kind of evolved into a date between just me and Jared. Anyway, the date must have gone really well because Jared broke up with his crippled girlfriend the next day and the rest is history.

Who eats more?
I hate to admit this, but we're probably about equal. Although in the sweets department, I pull ahead.

Who said "I love you" first?
Jared did. In fact, when Jared said he loved me I was still planning on breaking up with him at the end of the semester. It took me a little longer to say the "L" word, but eventually I came around and decided against that whole breaking up thing.

Who is taller?
With our shoes off we are exactly the same height (5'7"), although Jared will argue till the day he dies that he is 5'7" and 3/4 inches.

Who sings better?
We are both pretty bad, but my voice is probably a little less offensive.

Who is smarter?
Jared said that my intelligence is more well-rounded (isn't that so nice), but he has always been pretty strong in the street smarts department. I guess we both have different strenghts and weaknesses in this category, but overall we're pretty equal.

Who does the laundry?
Me. Only because I'm really anal about household chores (especially laundry).

Who does the dishes?
Me. Remember what I said about being particular? This also holds true with loading the dishwasher.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Looking at it, Jared does.

Who pays the bills?
Me.

Who mows the lawn?
Jared.

Who cooks dinner?
Me, although I don't think you can always consider it "cooking."

Who drives when you are together?
Driving around town, usually Jared. On road trips, usually me.

Who is more stubborn?
Jared really likes to be right so probably him. Although Jared says that I have my moments.

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong?
We both answered that "we're rarely wrong," so obviously we've got some work to do.

Whose parents do you see the most?
Mine. Idaho is a lot closer than Georgia.

Who kissed who first?
I think it was pretty mutual.

Who proposed?
Jared did when I flew down to visit him in New Orleans.

Who is more sensitive?
Me.

Who has more friends?
I have more friends from high school and college that I keep in touch with, but Jared is much more social in general and tends to make friends pretty easily.

Who has more siblings?
Jared has none, so it's pretty easy to beat him here.

Who wears the pants?
We like to take turns wearing the captain's hat, although Jared likes to hog it.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

hey jaime! That was fun to read, thanks for doing it! we miss you guys!