Jared is super busy with work and school. He has classes two nights a week up in Seattle. He goes straight from work to class and doesn't get home until after the kids are in bed. On top of work and class, he also has homework, which means he spends lots of his time at home studying and reading.
I feel like I'm busy because Jared is so busy, but really my schedule is pretty empty. I'm in survival mode the days Jared has class and the weeks he is out of town and usually collapse on the couch as soon as I get the kids to bed. I do have to say that we left Charlie with a babysitter for the first time on Valentine's Day and it was wonderful! It was some much needed alone time for us and we had a really fun night together.
Hallie, Hallie, Hallie, where do I begin? She is so interesting because she is still incredibly shy in public but is this little ball of fire at home. I think she wears me out more than Charlie does because she talks non-stop and doesn't ever slow down. That girl loves to play with her toys and entertains herself for hours everyday. She drives me crazy but also makes me smile and laugh all the time.
Charlie is six months old and still not sleeping through the night. I have completely forgotten what it feels like to get 8 hours of un-interrupted sleep but I'm keeping the faith that it will happen again someday soon. Other than the sleep issue, he is such a sweetie. He is rolling over now and is becoming so fun to interact with. He also adores his mommy (which makes me feel good). We all just love him to pieces. The other night at dinner Jared was joking with Hallie and saying that he was going to ship Charlie to Grandma's house. Hallie said, "No daddy you can't ship Charlie away, he is part of our family." She loves Charlie too and smothers him with hugs and kisses everyday.
Okay, this was supposed to be a quick update and turned into a very long post. Here are a few pictures we took the other day. I have to say that this first picture is my favorite and might be the funniest picture ever in the Schrum family photo album. Hallie has a major choke hold around Charlie's neck and by the look on his face I'm pretty sure the oxygen to his brain was cut off for a few seconds. Luckily we got her to release her grip and ended up with cute picture of them together.


1 comment:
Jamie, I am so sorry- That is so hard and I wish I was there to help. You are truly so great and I love you to death. You look so great and your family is just so sweet- Good luck Jared, keep up the great work!
Post a Comment